This summer as you are outside enjoying the weather and spending time in your backyard, take a look up at your roof. How does it look? Have you had the same roof since you bought your house without any trouble? When it comes to important aspects of your home, keeping ahead of roof maintenance can save you money in the long run.
Here are 5 tips to help you be proactive about any future roof issues:
- Inspect Your Roof Regularly – We don’t just mean taking a quick glance up from the yard- get up on a ladder and take a closer look. This is the best way to look for damage to your shingles, such as cracks or looseness. This could be caused by minor debris or storms. If you aren’t comfortable up on a ladder climbing around on your roof, give us a call and we can conduct a thorough inspection for you!
- Don’t Delay in Fixing Damage! – Unfortunately we see this all the time… homeowners get busy with life and put off necessary roof maintenance for months or sometimes even years. This can turn a relatively straightforward repair into a total roof replacement. Save yourself the stress and the money, and stay on top of important repairs and maintenance!
- Update Your Roof – Roofs can last up to 20-30 years when properly cared for, but eventually they all need to be replaced. Consider alternate materials or colors to spruce up the look of your home and increase your curb appeal.
- Consider Waterproofing – There are many new roofing technologies that can help prolong a new roof life, from special treatments, to waterproofing, to new material types. Preventing leaky roofs can save a lot of hassle and money down the line!
- Get Local Help – When you need a professional opinion or work done on your roof, give us a call at Lathrop and we will make sure that your experience is professional and the work to a high standard!