experienced & qualified Gutter professionals
Has age, wear and tear, or the elements left your home in need of new gutters? Let premier Indianapolis gutter contractor, Lathrop Contracting, inspect your current gutter installation and give you a free gutter estimate for gutter repairs or replacement.
We have over 18 years of experience in the Indianapolis gutter repair and installation business. Our expert contractors can quickly determine problem areas such as damage, cracks, clogs, improper installation, and other issues that can diminish your home’s gutters from doing their job and help you determine the best solution, whether you need a new gutter system or simple repairs.
Well-functioning gutters are essential to keep your home safe and dry during the rainy season here in Indiana. Gutters are designed to channel water away from your home.
Water leaking or splashing out of the side of your gutters can pool around the foundation of your home and can cause substantial water damage to your home and even flooding.
don’t waste any more time
Your gutters see plenty of action throughout the entire year from falling leaves in the fall to rain in the spring and summer, don’t wait until next year to have your broken, damaged, or old gutters repaired or replaced. Let the Indianapolis area general contractors at Lathrop Contracting take a look and let you know exactly what you need to do keep your home protected.
Do you think your homeowner’s insurance should cover your gutter repairs or installation? Make sure to check with your home insurance to see if your gutter project is covered. If you need to file a claim, we’ll work with you and with your insurance company to make sure you have everything you need.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why are gutters important?
Gutters clogged with everything from leaves to twigs can cause expensive home repair nightmares. Rainwater washing over your gutters can accumulate in pools around walls and foundations. This can result in leaky and cracked foundations or flooded basements. Gutters prevent leaves, twigs, acorns, or other debris from collecting in your gutters allowing the water to run smoothly through the gutter and away from your home. Gutters also keep water from seeping down your home’s exterior and in winter they help prevent ice buildups on roofs.
What are some reasons to replace my gutters?
- Clogged or leaky gutters are one of the biggest causes of basement leaks, mold, and other foundation problems. Also, standing water in gutters is one of the common places mosquitoes breed.
- Old worn-out gutters are unappealing and reduce the value of your property.
- Your old gutters may have become bent or dented or may be pulling away from your home in a manner that they cannot be reattached or reworked.
- Your old seamed gutters may have begun to pull apart or have leaks and you would like to replace them.
- You want to change the color of your gutters.
- The drainage of your current guttering is not sufficient so you want to install a larger size gutter and downspout system. Most homes and commercial properties have 5-inch gutters with 2×3 downspouts, but we install 6-inch gutters with 3×4 downspouts. 6-inch gutters handle twice as much water as 5-inch gutters.
How can I tell if my gutters aren’t draining properly?
If during a rainfall, you can hear the water slapping the ground, pouring over the sides of the gutter, there may be a blockage or the gutter itself may not be aligned evenly. If you notice paint peeling or corroded wood, the gutter is most likely clogged and is causing the water to overflow and run down the back of gutter along the exterior walls of the house. If you notice mold or if you see puddles of water forming around the outside of your house it’s a sure sign that there are drainage problems.
Do I need Gutter Guards?
If you are surrounded by trees, Gutter guards essentially work to keep leaves and debris from clogging up your gutters in order to allow the water to flow freely. Installing gutter guards will decrease the amount of cleaning your gutters require which means you’ll have more time for other fun activities.